Wednesday, December 8, 2010
(CLICK ON THE COMPARING DECIMALS LINK AT THE BOTTOM)
Sunday, June 13, 2010
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
This website helps you practice using the Integer Chips: please click HERE
Here are the RULES TO REMEMBER for Subtraction:
(+) - (+) = (+) + (-)= ? (subtract the absolute values)
(-) - (-) = (-) + (+)= ? (subtract the absolute values)
(+) - (-) = (+) + (+)= (+) (add the absolute values)
(-) - (+) = (-) + (-)= (-) (add the absolute values)
And HERE is a review VIDEO:
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
- A TITLE!
- Definitions of EXPERIMENT, OUTCOME, EVENT, and PROBABILITY (Create a chart like the one on the website.)
- Show the "formula" for the probability of an event (in the box with the BLUE headline)
- Choose ONE of the examples to be copied into your diary.
- Draw a picture to go with the example you choose. (example: Draw the spinner and include the different colors.)
You must also complete the 5 exercise problems at the bottom of the page. On a separate piece of paper write the question as well as the correct answer. This paper will be your ticket out. Work HARD! Be PROUD!
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Monday, February 1, 2010
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Sunday, January 24, 2010
This Monday meeting we will be talking about our goals for the upcoming third quarter. We want you to post some ACTION you will do to improve yourself academically.
Post your goal as a comment below. Some things to remember:
1. Make sure that you are honest with yourself. You will be the one effected by accomplishing this goal.
2. Make sure you are specific!
3. Make sure you are writing down an ACTION.
Here is an example of a goal that is acceptable:
"My goal is to ask two questions a week in math class so I can make sure I understand what we are learning."
Here is an example of a goal that is NOT acceptable:
"My goal is to study hard."
Thursday, January 21, 2010
If you need extra practice for Chapter 5, here are a few websites to help you:
2. www.math-play.com (you must click on "math jeopardy" and then choose "factors and multiples game"
Please help yourself to succeed....PRACTICE!
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Today for advisory we are going to use this blog, which is a wonderful invention, to share some good things we have seen each other do so far this week. When you post a compliment on our compliment page you should write one of the following possible comments:
- Something that one of your classmates did to help you stay on task.
- Something that another classmate did to help you understand a new topic in class.
- Something that another classmate did to make sure you were prepared.
- Something that another classmate did to make you feel better that day.
- Something a classmate did academically that was AWESOME!
Remember to be specific about the action and also remember NO LAST NAMES! If you need to specify you may use a last initial (example: Brian F. or Bryan D.)
Compliment away! : )